More quotes about life here
But then, you do fall in love and it’s all the things you thought it would be, but much more. It’s as difficult and heartbreaking as they say it is. But, it’s also powerful and intimate in all the ways they say it is, too. And, you find yourself vacillating between hopelessly being in love with this person, while also being terrified of the love you feel.
More quotes about life here
- If you like someone, wait.
- Give lots of compliments, even if you’re shy. Everyone else is too.
- Change. Get a haircut, try new perfume, get new sheets. Become better than you were before.
- Eat healthier. Learn to cook something fancy.
- Get up earlier and watch the sun come up.
- Wear soft clothes, take a bath, drink something warm.
- Meet someone new, even just a friend.
- Become closer with your friends and your family. Call your mother. Cry with your best friend. Tell everyone how much you appreciate them.
- Keep your room clean. Buy some candles. Let the natural light in.
- Make a list of reasons why you’ll be better off without them. Believe they are true, because they are.
- Listen to new music.
- Write everything you’re thinking and feeling. Write letters. Write happy letters, sad letters, and angry letters, even if you’re never going to send them.
- It’s okay to be sad, but not forever. Sadness is not as beautiful as music makes it seem. Lack of sleep makes your eyes droopy, not deep. Wake up every morning and tell yourself you’re going to have a good day.
- Go to the library. Don’t forget to look in the music section.
- Remove them from your life. Get rid of the things they gave you if they make you sad. They’re not worth it. You will never be happy if you continue to hold on to the things that make you sad.
- Make new memories.
- Try to find something to appreciate in everything you do or experience.
- Being alone is okay, you don’t have to surround yourself with people.
- Become your own best friend. Buy yourself coffee and drink it alone in a cafe. Take your time.
- Learn to love every bit of yourself.
— How to feel better and become better (via invisibees)
Lately I haven’t been able to focus. The clock keeps ticking and time keeps moving but I’m still stuck in my head trying to process last night’s thoughts.
My eyelids start to droop of their own accord.
Lately I’ve been needing the noise. Distorted guitars swim in a cloud of sound almost as messy as the rest of my thoughts, filling my brain until I can’t hear myself think anymore.
My eyelids flutter shut again.
Lately I’ve been struggling with myself. I don’t feel in control of my own body. And I know it’s stupid, but I feel like it doesn’t matter what I try to do anymore because I’ll be disappointed in the end.
I close my eyes. I want to sleep but I feel like that’s all I do these days.
— These Days I Wake Up Tired (via invisibees)